,
Random
Speak Slowly

Tudors

Tea democratised (part five)

Henry V and Henry VI (1413 - 1471)

Prince Albert

Syke Farm, Buttermere, Cumbria

Roadford Lake Campsite, Okehampton, Devon

Jerusalem Farm, Jerusalem Lane, Booth, Halifax, West Yorkshire

Tea in enghteenth centry (part one)

RULES OF SUCCESSION

The sarsen stones and bluestones

Edward VI to Mary I (1547-1558)

Sea Barn Farm Camping Park, Fleet, Weymouth, Dorset

Foxholes Castle Camping, Montgomery Road, Bishop's Castle, Shropshire

Bridges Long Mynd YHA, Bridges, Ratlinghope, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.skydive.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Into the futureElizabeth II HAS REIGNED in a world moving swiftly thro...
Elizabeth II (1952 - )Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born at 17 Bruton...
Edward VIII and George VI (1936 - 1952)Edward VIII (1936) Edward, Prince of Wales, eldest son ...
George V (1910 - 1936)Edward vii's eldest son Albert died at the age of 2...
House of WindsorWhen Queen Victoria died in 1901, she left three genera...
Edward VII (1901 - 1910)Edward VII ('BERTIE' to his family) was born in...
A Queen in mourning  (1861 - 1901)Two days after Albert's death, Victoria wrote to he...
The Royal familyAs Victoria and Albert's nine children grew up and ...
Advertisement
"K" for kiosk (part two)The Post Office intended to use the K2 almost exclusively in London and, as boxes in the first production batch cost over £50 each, it determined that other places would get them only in the most special circumstances. This policy was largely successful: of more than 1500 K2s, only a few dozen or so were installed on sites outside London.

The K2 was not only too expensive for general use, it was also too big. With these factors in mind, the Post Office decided to continue to supply the Kl, but in a dramatically remodelled form. Designated the Kl Mk236 and introduced in 1927, it had glazing reminiscent of Giles Gilbert Scott's design and was painted cream, with red glazing bars and a red door.
"K" for kiosk (part one)The concrete Kiosk No. 1, as introduced in 1921. It was made up in sections of rein¬forced concrete and fitted with a wooden door. The upper portion had glazed panels on the two sides and front. The three con¬crete sections fit into the base and top, all joints being filled in with cement. The first model, the Mk234, had wooden window frames. These were soon replaced by metal frames, in the Mk235.
The early yearsThis rustic-style box was in service near Blackburn. The photograph dates from 1907. Notice the coin-operated door lock. Coinboxes as we now know them were a later development.