,
Random
RULES OF SUCCESSION

Chapel House Farm, Stonethwaite, Borrowdale, Keswick, Cumbria

Henry II то Richard I: 1154-99

La Valette Farm, Sark, Channel Islands

Cotswolds Camping, Spelsbury Road, Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Cotswold Farm Park, Bemborough Farm, Guiting Power, Gloucestershire

Richard II and Henry IV: 1377-1413

Stoats Farm Camping, Weston Lane.Totland, Isle of Wight

Body Idioms

The early stone phase

The Heel Stone, Slaughter Stone and Avenue

Fauxquets Valley Campsite, Candie Road, Castel, Guernsey, Channel Islands

Hooks House Farm, Whitby Road, Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire

The Stonehenge Story

South Breazle Holidays, Bratton Clovelly, Okehampton, Devon

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.skydive.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing at line 1
Most Popular
Into the futureElizabeth II HAS REIGNED in a world moving swiftly thro...
Elizabeth II (1952 - )Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born at 17 Bruton...
Edward VIII and George VI (1936 - 1952)Edward VIII (1936) Edward, Prince of Wales, eldest son ...
George V (1910 - 1936)Edward vii's eldest son Albert died at the age of 2...
House of WindsorWhen Queen Victoria died in 1901, she left three genera...
Edward VII (1901 - 1910)Edward VII ('BERTIE' to his family) was born in...
A Queen in mourning  (1861 - 1901)Two days after Albert's death, Victoria wrote to he...
The Royal familyAs Victoria and Albert's nine children grew up and ...
Advertisement
The Conclusion
 (голосов: 0)
The final stage of Stonehenge was completed by 1 550 BC. The Bluestones had been reintroduced, a complete circle of Bluestones was placed between the outer sarsen circle and the inner sarsen horseshoe created by the five great Trilithons. Within this sarsen horseshoe yet another horseshoe, this time of nineteen Bluestones was added. In addition, the so called altar stone, a micaceous sandstone from Pembrokeshire, was placed inside the Bluestone horseshoe. The stone stood alone facing the sunrise at the heart of the sanctuary. Its name probably arose because, when one of the uprights and the lintel of the great trilithon toppled, they fell onto the micaceous sandstone and it now lies beneath them. Subsequent visitors who saw the micaceous sandstone prostrate on the ground assumed from their Christian heritage that they were looking at an altar. It was originally upright and not laying down as its present position suggests. More post-holes, known as the Y and Z holes, have been found, they were dug after the sarsen circle, and are outside it; their purpose is unknown.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.